Electric Scooter Warranty
Updated: 2nd May 2023
Most of our Electric Scooters are covered with a limited warranty solely against manufacturing defects for 6 months (fair and good conditions come with 3 months). This period will start from the date the product is received by the customer.
Your warranty includes:
- 3 or 6 months cover on the electrics, such as motors and batteries (3 months fair / good conditions)
Any defect reported must include an image or video, to evidence the defect. Once reported Moose techinicians will validate the defect, in its sole discretion Moose will either:
- Repair the defective component.
- Replace the defective component with a new component, if straightforward for customer to replace this will be sent for free.
It remains the sole discretion of Moose techincal team to determine whether the core component or product are defective and if they are covered by our warranty.
What Your Warranty Doesn't Cover
All scooters experience wear and tear, and there are some situations which are not covered by our warranty. These include, but not limited to:
- Damage or failure due to accident, misuse, lack of servicing or neglect
- Normal wear and tear
- Improper assembly or maintenance
- Modifications, alterations or intstallation of parts not original on the scooter as sold
- Negligence and use of the scooter in wet conditions, or where moisture has been allowed to sit on the product resulting in rust/corrosion.
- Damage associated with professional and hire use.
- Any consumable items outlined below:
- Inner tubes
- Handlebar grips
- Rubber deck cover
- Brake pads
- Brake cables
- Chargers (only covered with the first 30-day of purchase)
Please not that your warranty is non-transferable and is only valid if you are the original purchaser.
Need to Make A Warranty Claim?
Please Note: Most electric scooters are not waterproof and therefore should never be ridden in damp or wet conditions. Please check your scooter manual for full details or contact us if you have any questions.
If you brought your scooter directly from Moose, please contact us here
Warranty Shipping Costs
Moose will cover the cost to ship the scooter back to us (UK Only). However, if after inspection the issue is not deemed to be covered, the customer will be invoiced for any shipping and repair costs.
Returning Your Item for Warranty
You must ensure that the item is returned to us safely and securely. It is your responsibility, and Moose cannot be held responsible for any damage caused during posting. If you are not using one of our services above, we suggest you use a recorded postal/courier service.
You can use packaging that you think will keep the e-scooter safe and damage-free during transit. If we deem the packaging unsuitable, we will charge a replacement box fee for the journey home.
If you do not have the original box, a replacement scooter box can be purchased from us at a fee of £20.00
Once your e-scooter has arrived at our facilities, our team of in-house technicians will start the assessment process.This process can take up to 3 days to complete.
We will then notify you with a mechanics report. If the warranty claim is within our 30-day policy, you are entitled to a refund,exchange or repair based on their final assessment.
It remains the sole discretion of Moose to determine whether the core component or product are defective and if they are covered by our bike warranty.