Trade Up T&Cs
MOOSE / TRADE UP PROGRAMME TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- What these terms cover: These are the terms and conditions on which you may take part in our electric scooter trade-up programme (“Trade Up Programme”) which provides you with the option to send in an electric scooter that you own and value through Trade Up (the “Existing Device”) in exchange for a reduction in price for a selected second hand electric scooter (“E-Scooter”) purchased through the Moose website ( www.moose.co/trade/in). The level of discount which you may receive will depend the Trade Up valuation process which collates your input on the model and condition of the Existing Device.
- Customer vetting: The offer is limited to the exchange of one Existing Device for one purchase of an E-Scooter per customer. We may (i) refuse to accept or (ii) cancel any orders placed through the Trade Up Programme at our discretion, including but not limited to where we have reasonable grounds to suspect the risk of fraud.
- Please read these terms carefully if you would like to take part in the Trade Up Programme. These terms tell you who we are, the conditions of the Trade Up Programme and other important information.
INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
- Who we are: We are Trade-Up Limited a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 13540724 and our registered office is at New Farm, Hartlake, Glastonbury United Kingdom BA6 9AB.
- How to contact us: You can contact us by emailing our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How we may contact you: If we have to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order as well as sms.
THE TRADE UP PROGRAMME - OVERVIEW
- The Trade Up Programme is available to consumers only; if you participate as a business, we have the right to rescind the transaction.
- On placing your order for an E-Scooter, you may select the relevant Trade Up Programme option on the website where you will be guided through a series of questions about your Existing Device. Trade Up will then gather your input and provide you with a valuation of your Existing Device. If you accept that valuation, you may enter that against the purchase price of the E-Scooter as partial payment on the basis that you have the Existing Device delivered to us as set out in these terms. You then will pay the outstanding balance for the E-Scooter.
EVALUATING YOUR EXISTING DEVICE
Please note that your Existing Device is eligible for the Trade Up Programme only if it meets the requirements set out below (“Minimum Requirements”):
- Ownership: The Existing Device must be owned outright by you and you have the right to submit it to the Trade Up Programme. It must not be blacklisted or appear on any lost/stolen property registers.
- Description: It must be accurately described by your input in the valuation process.
- Function: It must be fully functional. This includes that it must power on/up and hold charge and have a fully functioning display. It must include its battery within the casing and must not have any missing parts.
- Software: It must be factory reset remove personal data, software locks and personalised account settings. It must not be “jail-broken” and the firmware must not have been altered. It must not be PIN locked and must not have an ‘Activation Lock’
- Damage: It must not be crushed, bent or damaged. The must not be screen damage (including signs of screen burn, ghost imaging, discolouration). No level of liquid damage is acceptable.
- Genuine product: It must be an original and genuine product and meet the manufacturer’s original EU specifications. For example, the entire colour of the device must match the original manufacturer’s specification and is not personalised with any custom engraving.
- We inspect all Existing Devices which are provided as part of the Trade Up Programme. If the Existing Device which you send to us does not meet the Minimum Requirements (and you have not declared it to be a broken Existing Device as set out in clause 4.3), we will contact you and notify you that it does not meet the value of your discount from the E-Scooter purchase price and what the remaining balance payable on the Existing Device is which may include the postage and packaging of you sending the Existing Device to us. If you have any concerns about the inspection of your Existing Device, or wish to discuss the result of this inspection, please contact us on email@example.com.
- Should your Existing Device not meet the requirements detailed above, you may still trade in your Existing Device by declaring it to be broken (by ticking the box stating that your device is “Broken”) during the trade-in process on our website. Where you are trading in a broken Existing Device, a lower fee shall be payable for the Existing Device, rather than the usual price payable for the Existing Device.
- Please note that your Existing Device is eligible for the Trade Up Programme only if it meets the requirements set out below (“Minimum Requirements”):
SENDING IN YOUR EXISTING DEVICE
- You will be provided with prepaid return packaging materials to allow for the safe provision of your Existing Device to us. When we receive the Existing Device, it must meet the Minimum Requirements set out in clause 4.1. You must package your scooter safely; any damages or incidents that occur on transit before arrival to us is at your risk.
- Your participation in the Trade In Programme is subject to us having received the Existing Device within 7 days of you receiving your E-Scooter (and we may request that you provide proof of despatch). Should you fail to provide the Existing Device in a Minimum Requirements compliant manner as described, we may:
- Disable your E-Scooter and require your safe-keeping of it until a resolution as described below is reached;
- Select that you return the E-Scooter to us and that we send you back your Existing Device at your cost, after which we will refund you a reduced amount for the price you had paid towards the E-Scooter;
- Require that you pay the value of discount you received for the Existing Device in order to fulfil the complete purchase price of the E-Scooter;
- If we select that you pay the amount of discount you received and you fail to cooperate, we may enforce that value as debt against you and appoint third parties to conduct recovery or legal proceedings against you to recover our losses. We also reserve the right to sell your debt to a third party who will then pursue you as the debtee. If you fail to pay on time, you will be in default, and may be unable to use Klarna’s services in the future.
We may charge you the following fees:
- Up to £12 if you do not make your payment on time (“Late Payment Fee”);
- Up to £12 if you do not send your scooter to us on time (“Late Scooter Fee”);
- £2.10 for each paper statement fee ("Paper Statement Fee");
- The reasonable cost of sending you a letter about your outstanding debt when you are in arrears (“Debt Collection Fee”).
- We may charge you the following fees:
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- If you do not have a Moose account, we will use the information which you provide us in the course of applying for the Trade Up Programme to set one up for you.
- We will only give your personal information to other third parties outside of the fulfilment of your transaction with us where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- This contract is between you, Moose Ltd and Trade-Up Limited. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms other than as described here.
- Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Our delay in enforcing this contract does not waive that we may enforce it at a later time.
- These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts.