Terms Of Sale
What these terms cover
- These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you, whether these are goods, services or digital content.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms or that they require any changes, please contact us to discuss.
Information about us and how to contact us
- Moose Limited (company number 12915015) (we and us) is a company registered in England and Wales and our registered office is at New Farm Offices, Hartlake, Glastonbury, Somerset, United Kingdom, BA6 9AB. We operate the website www.moose.co
- To contact us e-mail email@example.com
- If we need to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
Our contract with you
- How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
- Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images.
- Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in the images on our website.
Your rights to make changes
- If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered, please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change, and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract (see Clause 8 - Your rights to end the contract).
Our rights to make changes
Minor changes to the products. We may change the product:
- To reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- To implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a security threat. These changes will not affect your use of the product.
- More significant changes to the products and these terms. In addition, we may make more significant changes to these terms or the product, but if we do so we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the contract before the changes take effect, and receive a refund for any products paid for but not received.
- Minor changes to the products. We may change the product:
Providing the products
- Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website.
- When we will provide the products. During the order process we will let you know when we will provide the product(s) to you. If the delivery date is not specified during the order process, we will deliver the product(s) to you as soon as reasonably possible and in any event within 30 days after the day on which we accept your order.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside of our control, then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
- If you are not at home when the product is delivered. If no one is available at your address to take delivery, our courier will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery. Our courier will then make a second attempt to deliver the product. If you are not available to accept the second delivery attempt, the product will be returned to a local depot and our courier will leave a note informing you how to arrange collection.
- If you do not re-arrange delivery. If after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and Clause 10.2 will apply.
Your legal rights if we deliver goods late. You have legal rights if we deliver any goods late. If we miss the delivery deadline for any goods then you may treat the contract as at an end straight away if any of the following apply:
- We have refused to deliver the goods;
- Delivery within the delivery deadline was essential (taking into account all the relevant circumstances); or
- You told us before we accepted your order that delivery within the delivery deadline was essential.
- Setting a new deadline for delivery. If you do not wish to treat the contract as at an end straight away, or do not have the right to do so under Clause 7.8, you can give us a new deadline for delivery, which must be reasonable, and you can treat the contract as at an end if we do not meet the new deadline.
- When you become responsible for the goods. The goods will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the products to the address you gave us or directly to you.
- When you own goods. You own the goods once we have received payment in full
- What will happen if you do not give the required information to us. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the products to you. If so, this will have been stated in the description of the products on our website. We will contact you in writing or by phone to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the contract (and Clause 10.2 will apply) or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for supplying the products late or not supplying any part of them, if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
Reasons we may suspend the supply of products to you. We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:
- Deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- Update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- Make changes to the product as requested by you or notified by us to you (see Clause 6).
- Your rights if we suspend the supply of products. We will contact you in advance to tell you that we will be suspending the supply of the products, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. You may contact us to end the contract for a product if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, in each case for a period of more than 30 days, and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the product in respect of the period after you end the contract.
- We may also suspend supply of the products if you do not pay. If you do not pay us for the products when you are supposed to (see Clause 12.4) and you still do not make payment within 14 days of us reminding you that payment is due, we may suspend supply of the products until you have paid us the outstanding amounts. We will contact you to tell you we are suspending supply of the products. We will not charge you for the products during the period for which they are suspended.
Your rights to end the contract
You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back), see Clause 11;
- If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see Clause 8.2; or
- If you have just changed your mind about the product, see Clause 8.3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions (e.g. if the product is worn or damaged) and you will have to pay the costs of return or collection of any goods (see Clause 9.5).
Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at 8.2.1 to 8.2.5 below, the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- We have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to (see Clause 6.2);
- We have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- There is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- We have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you that we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 30 days; or
- You have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
- Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). You have a legal right to change your mind within 30 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail below.
- How long do I have to change my mind? You have 30 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the goods, unless your goods are split into several deliveries over different days. In this case you have until 30 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery to change your mind about the goods.
- You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
How to end the contract with us (including if you have changed your mind)
Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- Email. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- By post. Write to us at New Farm Offices, Hartlake, Glastonbury, Somerset, United Kingdom, BA6 9AB, including details of what you bought, when you ordered or received it and your name and address.
Returning products to us. If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return the products to us. If you are returning a scooter you must:
- Ask us to collect the scooter from you. You must ensure that the scooter is securely packed in its original box to allow safe transit. If you no longer have the durable box in which the scooter was shipped we can provide another one upon request (we may charge for this – see Clause 9.3 below).
- If you are returning a product that can be safely sent to us by post (e.g. small accessories and spares) you can also send them back to us at Moose Limited, New Farm Offices, Hartlake, Glastonbury, Somerset, BA6 9AB, UK. Email us at email@example.com for a return label, or to arrange collection.
- In all cases, if you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the goods (or allow us to collect them) within 30 days of telling us you wish to end the contract.
When we will pay the costs of return or collection. We will pay the costs of return or, in the case of scooters, collection:
- If the products are faulty or misdescribed; or
- If you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
- In all other circumstances, (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return or collection. Please note that this includes the cost of providing suitable secure packaging if you are returning a scooter and no longer have the original box. If you require a replacement box please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
Deductions from refunds. If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
- We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling or using them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop – for example riding a scooter outdoors. Please see our Returns Policy for more information about what handling is acceptable and examples. In particular, please note that we will always apply a deduction if you return the product to us heavily soiled, scratched or dented. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us. For information about how to return a product to us, see Clause 9.2.
- Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
Our rights to end the contract
We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
- You do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 14 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
- You do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products; or
- You do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you or collect them from us.
- You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in Clause 10.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided, but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of you breaking the contract.
- We may withdraw the product. We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the product. If we do this, we will let you know as soon as possible in advance of our stopping the supply of the product, and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for products which will not be provided.
- We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
If there is a problem with the product
- How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us at email@example.com or write to us at Moose Limited, New Farm Offices, Hartlake, Glastonbury, Somerset, BA6 9AB, UK.
- Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are of satisfactory quality and are in conformity with this contract. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
- Your obligation to return rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must either return them to us or allow us to collect them. Please see Clause 9.2 for more information.
Price and payment
- Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We use our best efforts to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see Clause 12.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
- We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product’s correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product’s correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
- When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with Amazon Pay, American Express, Google Pay, Apple Pay, Klarna, Mastercard, Paypal, Visa and Maestro. You must pay for the products before we dispatch them. We will not charge your credit or debit card until we dispatch the products to you.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products including the right to receive products which are:
- As described and match information we provided to you and any sample or model seen or examined by you;
- Of satisfactory quality;
- Fit for any particular purpose made known to us; and
- For defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
How we may use your personal information
Other important terms
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
- You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your guarantee on to). This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of you breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
- You can resolve disputes with us via ADR. Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to contact an alternative dispute resolution provider. Please note that disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform.