Updated: 23rd January 2024
Your purchase of any e-bike and e-scooter includes either a 3-month or 6-month warranty against original defects in material and workmanship from the date you physically receive your e-bike/e-scooter. This also consists of any recall repairs from the manufacturer.
This covers the cost of labour and parts required to maintain your e-bike or e-scooter in proper working order for the warranty period.
Please retain your proof of purchase for reference when enquiring about this warranty. Please note that your warranty is non-transferable and is only valid if you are the original purchaser.
Consumable items are not included as part of your warranty. These are outlined below for your clarification:
- Brake Cables
- Brake Pads
- Chain or Belt
- Chargers (only covered with the first 30 days of purchase)
- Handlebar Grips
- Inner Tubes
What Your Warranty Doesn't Cover
You cannot use your warranty if:
• The requested work is to repair consumable items (listed above) that are not covered by the warranty.
• The part submitted for repair or maintenance demonstrates signs of misuse or handling contrary to the instructions set out in this manual.
• The submitted repair work is needed due to the e-bike/e-scooter having been involved in an accident or reckless/intentional damage.
• The requested work is to repair normal wear and tear, surface or cosmetic damage.
• Negligence and use of the electrical item in wet conditions or where moisture has been allowed to sit on the product, resulting in rust/corrosion.
• Damage associated with professional and hire use.
You can only use your warranty with original proof of purchase that validates the scooter's warranty duration by way of serial number and date on that proof of purchase.
The opening, disassembly or modification of the e-bike/e-scooter with non-licensed or non-official parts or accessories, and/or by a non-qualified person will lead to the warranty becoming invalid.
Moose only carries out repairs covered by the product warranty. If your e-bike/e-scooter requires a repair covered under warranty, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our Customer Service team will be on hand to help.
Please Note: Most electric scooters are not waterproof and therefore should never be ridden in damp or wet conditions. Please check your e-scooter manual for full details or contact us if you have any questions.
Need to Make A Warranty Claim?
To make a warranty claim, please ensure you are aware of the limited warranty time frame, based on the refurbished condition of the item that was purchased. This will be located on your original proof of purchase.
6 months or 248 miles / 400km on the electrics, such as motors and batteries*
12 months on the bike frame against cracking due to a manufacturing defect
*IMPORTANT NOTE: Carrera, Boardman, Emu, Pendleton, Pure, MATE, & Rad Power e-Bikes are only provided with a 3-month or 125 miles / 200km warranty on their motors and batteries.
Good/Fair: 3 months or 62 miles / 100km
New/Mint: 6 months or 125 miles / 200km
Any claim will need to be reported to our Customer Service team at email@example.com with your name, order number, and a brief description of the issue and must include an image/video of the defect. Customers are requested to provide this to ensure our claims are swiftly resolved.
One reported, your warranty claim will be validated through our mechanics. It is the sole discretion of our mechanics to determine whether the core components or product are defective and if they are covered under warranty.
Moose has the right to repair or replace the defective component. Failing that, a replacement in a similar condition will be sent free of charge. Customers are only entitled to a refund if the original product is deemed unrepairable and a similar item cannot be found as a substitute.
Warranty Shipping Costs
Moose will cover shipping costs (UK Only). However, if, after inspection, the issue is not deemed to be covered, the customer will be invoiced for any shipping and repair costs.
Returning Your Item for Warranty
You must ensure that the item is returned to us safely and securely. It is your responsibility, and Moose cannot be held responsible for any damage caused during posting. If you are not using one of our services above, we suggest a recorded postal/courier service.
• You can use packaging that will keep the e-bike/e-scooter safe and damage-free during transit. If we deem the packaging unsuitable, we will charge a replacement box fee for the journey home.
• If you do not have the original box, a replacement box can be purchased from us at a fee. (E-scooter £15, E-bike £30)
• Once your e-bike/e-scooter has arrived at our facilities, our in-house technicians will start the assessment process. This process can take up to 5 days to complete.
• We will then notify you with a mechanics report. You are entitled to a repair or replacement based on their final assessment.
It remains the sole discretion of Moose to determine whether the core component or product is defective and if our warranty covers them.
Trade Up Limited t/a Moose shall not be liable for any financial losses, physical injuries, accidents, level disputes and other interest conflicts resulting from actions that violate the user manual/instructions.